Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A little bit about lil ol' me












Hello and Welcome to my first Beauty & Fashion Blog! 
My name is Kerryann Torres and I am a Freelance Makeup Artist striving to share my beauty and fashion tips & secrets with a splash of my bubbly personality to motivate others to do what they love (whew that was a mouthful!)
It is my passion to transform natural beauty into edgy superstar glamour. I absolutely love re-creating celebrity looks and also re-creating costume makeup looks as well. I took a liking to beauty and makeup throughout my years in high school however, I have grown as an artist while working with TooFaced Cosmetics and AyariBrides.
I am also very passionate when it comes to art and fashion. There is nothing better than making a bold statement whether that means choosing to wear something that not everyone will necessarily like. We have to take risks people!

I love DIY arts&crafts, yoga, singing and simply hanging out with people who make me laugh :-). The inner hipster in me appreciates the beauty in all that is self-expression because it in turn helps us live more healthier and more meaningful lives. YAY for us!

Last but not least, my favorite staple makeup products are BB cream, gel eyeliner, mascara, bright colored lipstick and a great stipple brush!

Follow me on instagam @_whosthatgirl_ for makeup looks of the day, and snapshots of how I am attempting to live my life to the fullest one photo at a time (or maybe more depending on my mood lol). Also, stay tuned for my upcoming YouTube channel (Kerryann Pozzi) for tutorial videos and more.

Check out my makeup portfolio as well!

Tootles for now,

Kerryann





5 comments:

  1. WOW! Love the makeup. Can you talk a little about highlighting and contouring you face? Also, what products you recommend to do it.

    OH.... and how to put on fake eyelashes (so hard to do).

    Love the BLOG

    -- Your #1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias my love!!!! I will get to that request as soon as possible :-)

      Besitos!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the wonderful tips on highlighting and contouring.

    The problem that i am finding now is that while i think the makeup looks wonderful in the mirror, as soon as I take a picture, I get the serious case of RACCOON FACE!!!!!!!! I look like a superhero character!

    Please help....

    I read somewhere that the foundations that contain Titanium Dioxide (found in most foundations with SPF in it) cause the ghostly looking face in pictures. I am pretty sure all of my makeup and highlighting products contain SPF.

    How can i avoid this???? :-(

    Thanks,

    --Your #1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my love!!!! I understand the problem. It happens to the best of us, including myself. I have learned that a little product (a simple dot of highlight or concealer) goes a long way, especially when using both! I have also learned that using a DAMP blending sponge helps a lot too! It helps diminish the look of harsh lines. Make sure to blend all the way through from under the eye up to the temple. Don't worry the sponge will not remove the product, so don't stop blending thinking that it will remove the product you placed. We can not do anything about the chemicals put into the foundations (unless you purchase ones without it) however, the application is the key. Also, do not forget to contour the temple to diminish the line of where the highlight and contour meet. I would prefer to use a matte bronzer (no shimmer) for this. One trick I have found helpful when I highlight and contour my face is that I snap a quick photo with flash before I leave to make sure I do not look like a clown. This will give you an opportunity to see how you will look in photos and also show you what you may need to fix before leaving the house!

    I really hope this helps! Thank you so much for the support! :-)

    Tootles,
    Kerryann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!...I actually was concerned about removing product if I used the sponge too much but...

    BLEND BLEND BLEND will be my friend... lol..

    I will let you know how it goes.

    <3

    ReplyDelete