Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WE WILL NEVER FORGET...





As the years go by the pain still feels the same. I grew up on the lower east side in Manhattan. This was something I saw everyday on my way to school. However, on September 11, 2001 I was upstate at my University walking into class as I saw the projector up with images of what was occurring. I could not help but think "this has to be a movie, this can't be real."
 I will never forget that moment I was scared, shocked, and frantic worried about all of my loved ones back home wondering if they were safe. I was and am still very fortunate to not have been directly affected by this tragedy. However, not everyone can say the same. With that said, my prayers go out to everyone who has lost someone in this unfortunate tragedy and also to those tried and true men and women who fight for our country proudly every single day.
 I will always remember the World Trade Center like the image above. No one can ever take that away from me because WE WILL NEVER FORGET! 

~Kerryann

No comments:

Post a Comment